Special Issue on Advanced transceivers and networking for 5G mobile radio
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking welcomes submissions to the special issue on Advanced transceivers and networking for 5G mobile radio.
This Special Issue originates from the international conference EuCNC 2017 (European Conference on Networks and Communications), held in June 2017 in Oulu, Finland. The Chairs of the conference will select the best papers, and will subsequently invite the authors to submit an extended version of their paper, by at least one third of their length, for possible consideration in the Special Issue. The top papers will be included in the Special Issue, in order to fulfil its purpose. The Call for Papers for the conference has already been disseminated through the EuCNC 2017 website, as well as through several e-mails reflectors, reaching a wide international global audience. The main target is to collect and present quality research contributions in the most recent 5G activities. Through this Special Issue, the state-of-the-art will be presented and the new challenges will be highlighted, regarding the latest advances on transceivers and networking suitable for various 5G system alternatives. Therefore, the motivation for this Special Issue is to present the latest and finest results on 5G research activities, namely from projects from European Research & Development programmes co-financed by the European Commission.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- 5G air interfaces for mobile broadband and M2M
- Advanced modulation schemes, new coding solutions, FEC, HARQ, PAPR optimisation
- Advanced Radio RRM and MAC functions
- Antennas and propagation
- Cloud-RANs, fronthaul/backhaul aspects
- Communications at the mm-wave range
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct speical issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Advanced transceivers and networking for 5G mobile radio. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 16 October 2017
Lead Guest Editor
Matti Latva-aho, University of Oulu, Finland
Luis M. Correia, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - including articles published in this special issue!