Over the last few years, we have seen there is huge growth with new opportunities in using digital technologies for a wide range of services across modern society and across the economy which has influenced our daily life in some ways. Artificial Intelligence and machine learning are the fastest growing and more demanding at the heart of those innovative digital technologies/services. The expectation from beyond 5G /6G communication systems is to provide services with higher system capacity, low latency, high reliability, greater spectral efficiency as well as enabling massive internet of things (IoT). It will be very difficult to achieve these requirements without automation of the network systems. Therefore, all prospective uses of AI/ML must be taken into consideration during the design of future wireless networks in order to realize the vision of an intelligent network that will facilitate automation in network management and operations. For this special issue, we are soliciting articles that address current research challenges and solutions for the design, management, and optimization of B5G/6G networks with the use of AI/ML.
The topics of interest for the special issue include, but are not limited to:
- AI/ML for network management and planning for B5G/6G
- AI-based networks design and architecture for B5G/6G
- AI/ML based Radio resource management for B5G/6G
- AI/ML based data analysis for B5G/6G networks
- AI/ML based short codes for B5G/6G
- AI-enabled ultra-dense network
- AI/ML based security method
- AI-based network intelligence for IoT/IoE
- AI/ML based open Radio Access Network (O-RAN)
- Big data enabled wireless networking for B5G/6G networks
- AI/ML for Reconfigurable Reflecting Surfaces for B5G/6G
- AI/ML- assisted MIMO technology for B5G/6G
- AI/ML based channel modeling for B5G/6G
- AI/ML assisted NOMA for B5G/6G
- AI/ML-assisted Wireless Power Transfer/ RF energy harvesting for B5G/6G
- AI/ML based applications for B5G/6G networks
Manuscript Submission Deadline: 30 May 2022
Lead Guest Editor
Mohammad Abdul Matin, North South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Sotirios K. Goudos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
- Shaohua Wan, School of Information and Safety Engineering, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, Wuhan, China
- Panagiotis Sarigiannidis, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Western Macedonia, Kozani, Greece
- Emmanouil M Tentzeris, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech, USA
Important: Authors should select "Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for Beyond 5G/6G Communications" when they reach the “Article Type” step in the submission system.
Submission Guidelines: Authors should prepare their manuscript according to the guide for authors available from the online submission page of the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking at https://jwcn-eurasipjournals.springeropen.com/. Submitted papers must contain original work, which has neither been previously published nor it is currently under review by another journal or conference. Previously published or accepted conference papers must contain at least 50% new material to be considered for the special issue. All papers will be peer-reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
Requests for additional information should be addressed to the corresponding guest editor.
Submissions benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review, and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient.
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data, and video footage.
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
For editorial inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - including articles published in this special issue!