Special Issue on Recent Advances in Wireless Powered Communication Networks
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking welcomes submissions to the special issue on Recent Advances in Wireless Powered Communication Networks.
This special issue focuses on wireless powered communication networks, which offers important contributions in the effort to speed up the wireless powered communication in future energy-constrained networks, such as wireless sensor networks (WSNs), wireless personal area networks (WPAN), wireless body area networks (WBAN), Internet ofThings (IoT) and RFID networks, etc. It investigates many fundamental problems in wireless powered communication networks including the network architecture design, transmission protocol and strategy design, resource allocation and cross-layer optimization.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Network architecture and protocol design for RF energy harvesting and WPT
- Simultaneous wireless information and power transfer (SWIPT)
- Secure communications with RF energy harvesting
- Information and energy beamforming for WPCN
- Opportunistic RF energy harvesting strategies for cooperative networks
- Massive MIMO design for WPCNs
- Relay-based WPCNs
- MAC protocols for WPCNs
- Self-sustainable transmissions and Network architecture for WPCNs
- Mobile charger routing and assignment in WPCNs
- Scheduling and optimization in WPCNs
- RF energy harvesting/SWIPT-enabled wireless sensor networks and Internet of Things (IoT)
- Ambient backscatter enabled wireless networks
- Waveform design and optimization for WPCNs
- Optimal Control for wireless energy transfer and harvesting
- Wireless powed machine-to-machine (M2M) and device-to-device (D2D) communications
- Resource allocation and Scheduling algorithms for WPCNs
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct special issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Recent Advances in Wireless Powered Communication Networks. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions:
25th July 2017
Lead Guest Editor:
Ke Xiong, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Yunquan Dong, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China
Zhi Chen, University of Waterloo, Cananda
Zhengchuan Chen, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
Marco Di Renzo, Laboratory of Signals and Systems of Paris-Saclay University—CNRS, CentraleSupélec, University Paris Sud, France
Bruno Clerckx, Imperial College London, England
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - including articles published in this special issue!