Call for papers: Distributed Big Data Processing in SCADA Communication Networks
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking welcomes submissions to the special issue on 'Distributed Big Data Processing in SCADA Communication Networks'.
Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system is a computer network system spread over a wide area in order to remotely control and monitoring a specific process in a working field. The process can be industrial, infrastructure or facility-based. SCADA systems are network presence systems that face significant threats and attacks. Despite the great efforts to acquire live data on SCADA communication networks, the continuously change of this type of data and the risk on the system’s services make it a big challenge. As a result, intelligent tools for distributed data processing in SCADA communication networks are urgent. These tools allow the system to monitor file integrity and acquire live data in a way that minimizes risk to the system’s services. From being functionally monolithic and centralized data based in the past, the SCADA Communication Networks had been transferred to being distributed big data processing networking systems that adopt the traditional data processing approach to high-performance networking systems. Openness, heterogeneity, adaptivity, and dynamism of work environments are becoming the main characteristics of modern SCADA Networking applications, and it becomes evident that they are becoming increasingly interconnected and more challenging to maintain. Due to the increase in these networks size, complexity and the number of components, it is no longer practical to anticipate and model all possible interactions and data processing in these networks using the traditional data processing model. Centralized processing of this data is very inefficient and expensive. In some cases, it may even be impractical and subject to security risks.
The theme of this special issue is to provide an in-depth analysis both theoretically and analytically of the current advances in distributed and parallel big data processing techniques in SCADA communication networks. Moreover, the authors are expected to investigate state-of-art research challenges, results, architecture, application, and other achievements in the field of live data analytics for SCADA communication networks. High quality innovative unpublished papers, which are not currently under consideration in other journals, are solicited. Besides this main topic, topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Techniques for Data processing in SCADA Communication Networks
- Live data gathering in SCADA communication Networks
- Timing Vulnerabilities in RT-Control Systems
- Safety-Security Interactions in SCADA Networks
- SCADA Networks Vulnerabilities detection algorithms
- Intrusion Detection and analysis algorithms fir SCADA Networks
- Malware Analysis in Industrial systems
- Secure Communication Protocols
- Threat profiling network security and protocols for SCADA
- High-performance data processing for SCADA Networks
- Privacy-preserving big data processing, fusion, mining, and analytics in SCADA Systems
- Workload characterization for latency/throughput sensitive distributed SCADA Network
- Secure data aggregation for high-performance SCADA Communication Systems
- Fast and complexity-awareness algorithms for real-time data processing in SCADA Networks
- Application pipelines and network-aware toolkits for data distribution in SCADA Communication Systems
- Heterogeneous and distributed resource coordination and management in SCADA Networks
- Parallel and distributed real-time data processing in SCADA Systems
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct special issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on 'Distributed Big Data Processing in SCADA Communication Networks'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions:
15th November 2019
Lead Guest Editor:
Mohamed Elhoseny, Mansoura University, Egypt
Xiaohui Yuan, University of North Texas, USA
Saru Kumari, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, India
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - including articles published in this special issue!
Annual Journal Metrics
81 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
69 days to first decision for all manuscripts
160 days from submission to acceptance
21 days from acceptance to publication
Podcast Interview with Eduard Jorswieck - Editor-in-Chief
Listen here to learn more about Eduard Jorswieck - Editor-in-Chief of EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking.
Funding your APC
- ISSN: 1687-1499 (electronic)