Big Data & Advanced Analytics for Future Wireless Networks
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking welcomes submissions to the special issue on Big Data & Advanced Analytics for Future Wireless Networks.
Big data today is a reality. Networks service providers that want to be innovative and maximise their revenue potential must have the right solution in place so that they can harness the volume, variety, and velocity of data coming into their networks and leverage actionable insight from that data. Big data brings new traffic and performance related challenges and calls for a deep revisit of the methodological tools that were traditionally used for performance evaluation and traffic engineering. New models and approaches are needed to investigate big data characteristics in terms of volume, velocity and variability and their impact on network performance; new solutions have to be designed to efficiently and securely manage information; new techniques are needed to support all phases of network planning, design and optimisation.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Big Data in wireless networks
- Big Data in vehicular networks
- Big Data Platforms for analysing network traffics
- Applications, Software for wireless networks based on Big Data
- Traffic measurement methods, tools
- Network management and planning based on Big Data Analysis
- Theories of Big DataAnalytics for future wireless networks
- Self-Learning and Self-Organization Networks based on Big Data
- Big Data methods, models for IoT, SDN, ICN
- Security and Trust
- Business models based on Big Data
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct special issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on Big Data & Advanced Analytics for Future Wireless Networks. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 31st August, 2017
Lead Guest Editor
Zhenjiang Zhang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Pony Chu, Yahoo, Inc, United States
Lorna Uden, Staffordshire University, United Kingdom
Dalin Zhang, Purdue University, United States
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed.
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - including articles published in this special issue!
2017 Journal Metrics
108 days from submission to first decision
198 days from submission to acceptance
21 days from acceptance to publication
Social Media Impact
Podcast Interview with Eduard Jorswieck - Editor-in-Chief
Listen here to learn more about Eduard Jorswieck - Editor-in-Chief of EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking.
Funding your APC
- ISSN: 1687-1499