Cal for papers: Next Generation Wireless Medical Sensor Networks (WMSNs) for IoT-based eHealth Services
EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking welcomes submissions to the special issue on 'Next Generation Wireless Medical Sensor Networks (WMSNs) for IoT-based eHealth Services'.
A key application for the Internet of Things (IoT) is the eHealth, which aims at maintaining the patient’s medical information in electronic environments such as the Cloud via up to date telecommunication paradigms. In eHealth application system, Wireless Medical Sensor Networks (WMSNs) have become a prominent technology for the early diagnosis, and effective treatments. Accordingly, hospitals and medical companies have invested in several tiny medical sensors that is used to sense the patients’ body while collecting personalized health data, such as heart beat, blood pressure, temperature. etc. Besides, these medical sensors are able to broadcasted via the profession handheld devices, namely PDAs and smart phones to-do further analysis and provide more sophisticated patient-centric services. As one of the significant topics in EURASIP, WMSNs for IoT-based eHealth Services Special Issue is planned to be dedicated for addressing major challenges in realizing smart eHealth systems in the era of IoT. These challenges can vary from cost and energy efficiency to security and service quality. At the heart of those challenges, efficient medical sensing and sensor manufacturing present some of the main difficulties facing the vast adoption of the IoT-based eHealth systems. It is hence our aim to focus on both design and implementation aspects in eHealth applications that are enabled by IoT, cloud paradigms and sensing technologies. With this spirit, we are soliciting works describing both theoretical and practical research endeavors related to design, analysis and implementation of practical sound solutions in the area of IoT-based eHealth sensing platforms.
Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- Personalized eHealth in the IoT era
- IoT-enabled Cloud services
- 5G oriented Wireless Medical Sensor Networks (WMSNs)
- Data mining in WMSNs
- WMSN-enabled Edge Computing in eHealth
- Wearable sensors and IoT-based eHealth
- LiFi in IoT-based eHealth
- Wireless Body Area Networks (WBANs) in IoT-based eHealth
- Cognition in IoT-based eHealth
- Ultra-dense WMSNs
- Energy-efficient and delay-tolerant WMSNs
- Energy harvesting technologies and communications in IoT-based eHealth
- Energy efficient sensing techniques in eHealth
- WBANs resilient to IoT-based eHealth
- Battery lifetime in IoT-based eHealth
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct special issue please select the appropriate special issue in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the special issue on 'Next Generation Wireless Medical Sensor Networks (WMSNs) for IoT-based eHealth Services'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions:
1st June 2019
Lead Guest Editor:
Fadi Al-Turjman, Antalya Bilim University, Turkey
Walaa Hamouda, Concordia University, Canada
Ayman Radwan, Instituto de Telecomunicações Aveiro, Portugal
Shahid Mumtaz, Instituto de Telecomunicações Aveiro, Portugal
Zeeshan Kaleem, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - including articles published in this special issue!
Annual Journal Metrics
81 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
69 days to first decision for all manuscripts
160 days from submission to acceptance
21 days from acceptance to publication
Podcast Interview with Eduard Jorswieck - Editor-in-Chief
Listen here to learn more about Eduard Jorswieck - Editor-in-Chief of EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking.
Funding your APC
- ISSN: 1687-1499 (electronic)